Who are we?
The MATHIS integrated design office is one of the world's largest timber design offices in its field. It is able to design and execute the most complex works using latest generation equipment.
Mathis designs, manufactures and builds the equivalent of a sports hall with fully integrated resources everyday.
A large number of qualified engineers, products and award-winning projects, a real skill in off-site building, an expertise in wood / metal work combinations ...
These are all the essential ingredients for the development of framing systems, wood frameworks and panels for complete, efficient, economical and ecological solutions that are recognized by these qualifications and certifications.
The majority of MATHIS' timber components have undergone a Life Cycle Analysis
For nearly 20 years, MATHIS has been integrating HQE standards into all of its projects
A positive balance in terms of carbon storage
140 years of history
- 1875 Creation of a building material trading company by David Mathis
- 1880 Beginning of general contracting company activities
- 1890 Construction and launch of an electric sawmill.
- 1929 Addition of tunnel drying.
- 1948 Construction of a modern planing mill.
- 1956 Mathis adds a glued lattice framework activity which quickly evolves towards glue-laminated timber which is booming in France.
- 1978 Mathis expands into export activities, initially within Europe then to the rest of the world, North America, Africa, China, the Gulf States, etc.
- 1979 The integrated and fully computerised design office's staff is being reinforced regularly
- 2000 The company develops a manufacturing and wood frame installation activity and integrates a unit to produce itself its fittings and metal connections. In the mean time, Mathis is committed to the certification and labeling of its construction techniques to support its quality policy.
- 2009 Frank Mathis received the "Entrepreneur of the Year Award" from "Les Echos" French newspaper and Ernst&Young, for his successful and dynamic company
- 2010 In order to improve productivity and safety, an ambitious investment policy extends the production area by 40% and equips the company with 2 additional machine robots. In parallel, a policy of continuous improvement is implemented on the basis of the most modern management techniques (LEAN, 5S, ...).
- 2012 Mathis was ranked as the #1 French company in wood construction in terms of revenues in the 2012 study by the Plimsoll Financial Studies Firm (2,500 companies).
- 2013 Frank Mathis has been appointed by the French Government to be the pilot of the National Plan for the Development of the Wood Sector, within the framework of the "34 plans of the New French Industry".
- 2015 140 years of know-how and innovation in wood construction. Mathis formalizes his commitment to sustainable development by co-founding the BBCA label, Low Carbon Building.
- 2016 Frank Mathis is made Knight of the French National Order of the Legion of Honor, for his actions as the head of the National Plan for the Develoment of the Wood Sector and his involvement as the head of the Association for the Development of Wood Buildings (ADIVbois).