Who are we? ne pas supprimer
An integrated design office for
creativity with no limits
The integrated MATHIS design office is one of the largest timber design offices worldwide in its field. It is capable of designing and executing the most complex works on the latest equipment generation.
Mathis designs, produces and constructs the equivalent of an everyday sports hall using fully integrated means.
A large number of qualified engineers, of products and of often award-winning projects, real skill in dry implementation, authentic expertise in the mixing of timber/metal… There are so many of the essential ingredients for the development of woodwork, frames and timber panels designed for complete, efficient, economical and ecological solutions which are recognised by these qualifications and certifications.
The buildings conform to RT2012
A positive balance in terms of carbon storage
The majority of MATHIS' timber components have been the subject of a life cycle analysis
For almost 20 years, MATHIS has integrated HQE standards into all of its projects
140 years of history
- 1875 Creation of a building materials trading company by David Mathis.
- 1880 Start of general contracting company activities
- 1890 Construction and launch of an electric sawmill.
- 1929 Addition of tunnel drying.
- 1948 Construction of a modern planing mill.
- 1956 Mathis adds glued lattice frame activities which quickly evolve towards glulam and experience a significant boom in France.
- 1978 Mathis expends into exports, initially within Europe then to the rest of the world, North America, Africa, China, the Gulf States, etc.
- 1979 The integrated and fully computerised design office has since seen its workforce regularly strengthened
- 2000 The company develops into activities relating to the manufacturing and installation of timber frames and integrates a division for producing its own metal fittings and connections. In France, the company takes action across the entire territory thanks to a network of regional agencies: East, North, Ile-de-France, Rhône-Alpes, West, Centre and South-west. The production and storage sites see a significant extension; the production tools are modernised by appropriating the latest technologies available. At the same time, Mathis engages in the certification and labelling of its construction techniques to accompany its quality policy.
- 2009 The Les Echos newspaper and the Ernst&Young office award the entrepreneur of the year prize to Frank Mathis for his successful and dynamic company
- 2010 In order to improve productivity and safety, a policy of ambitious investment expends the production areas by 40% and provides the company with 2 additional machining robots. At the same time, a continuous improvement policy is implemented based on the most modern management techniques (LEAN, 5S, etc.).
- 2012 Mathis is classified as French No. 1 for timber construction in terms of turnover in the 2012 study by the Plimsoll financial analysis office (2 500 companies).